Sunday, July 27, 2014

Supinos Pizza in Detroit Located on Russell

There are pizzerias that claim to make a great pie.  Aware of the fact that the texture of a crust can make or break a pizza, I just like the rest of us have consumed a fair amount of this popular Italian dish. I had no idea what I was missing until I tasted a pizza made by Dave Mancini owner of Supinos pizza located in the eastern market region in Detroit.

 A lover of "thin crust" pizza, I was pleased to know that his establishment is known for exactly that.  This past Thursday, I had the opportunity to try a Supino's Pizza made with Swiss Chard, tomatoes, and Che'vre Cheese. While taking the last bite, what instantly popped into my mind was the song written by Tina Turner several years ago titled, "Simply the Best."   The tomato’s topped off with the spinach and Che’vre Cheese made for one awesome combination.  Of-course, the crust was terrific. After-all, Mancini has worked at perfecting his signature pizza crust for years.

Interviewing him this past Thursday on the Cooks and Books Show, I asked Dave his secret to a successful pizzeria business?  His response was persistence, determination, hard work, and of-course a variety of delicious pizza pies.  I totally agree with his concept.  Detroit and the south east region of Michigan, it's a must that you stop by Supinos and try one of the delectable thin crust pizza pie selections. I guarantee you'll leave Dave's spot one very satisfied customer.  


Supino Pizzeria on Urbanspoon

 
http://www.urbanspoon.com/blogger-reviews/19/14329/Detroit/Literary-and-Food-Critiques-by-International-Reviewer-Adra-Young.html"> alt="Literary and Food Critiques by International Reviewer Adra Young Detroit restaurants" src="http://a3.urbancdn.com/assets/1/badges/featured_blog-c2ae1dbe67e2094a2a74dd9f0fe65275.gif" style="border:none;width:134px;height:48px" />

No comments:

Post a Comment