Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My Culinary Critique on Mexican Village Located on Bagley in Detroit

Happy Hump Day everyone!  I hope that the first part of the week has been fantastic for you all.  Just this past Monday, I ventured off to south west Detroit.  For those of us who are aware of the area, I’m pretty sure I don’t’ have to tell you why.  For others who are unaware of the areas reputation, south west Detroit is known for their various Mexican food restaurants. Yes people I’m talking real authentic Mexican Food.

This past Monday, I ended up in the Mexican Village restaurant located on Bagley. Upon entry, I was immediately greeted and guided to my seat.  Fresh spicy homemade salsa was placed on my table with hot tortilla chips to accompany them.  The combination of combined tomatoes, onions, and peppers accented with just the right amount of heat were simply yummy to my tummy. 

Glancing at the menu for approximately five minutes or so, I said to myself, “Adra go for the steak fajitas!”  Just when I was about place my order, I changed my mind and decided on something I most likely would’ve never tried.  As I stated to the waiter, I’ll try the spinach enchiladas with the refried beans and Spanish rice,” I hoped to myself that I was not making a huge mistake.   

Ladies and gentlemen, the only mistake I made was not ordering another of the same dish to take home with me later.  The cheese infused spinach with onions seasoned with Mexican spices was the best enchilada I’d ever tasted.  The rice was fresh and not overcooked. The refried beans were seasoned just right and were not over powered with salt.  To top it all off I was perfectly full off a meatless meal. Even for me that’s hard to believe. Mexican Village definitely gets four star rating from yours truly.  People if you want some great authentic Mexican food I recommend that you try them out for yourselves.    










Mexican Village on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment