Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Another Shady Mission by Cheraee C.


Terry McMillan and the late E. Lynn Harris are the authors responsible for my personal interest in novels.  What continued my love for reading was the introduction of a classification of books known as “Hood Literature.”  Finally, there were books being sold at major retailers that I could finally relate to.  Indulging into this classification of fictional reads became my morning cup of tea.  Like an addiction, I couldn’t get enough of it.   The sooner I was done with one; I had to start on another.  If my funding’s were low, I’d simply go to library and check out the ones that had obtained great reviews.    The need to read a book enclosed with high incidences of “juicy drama” became a need for me.   
As my interest for other genres started to expand, this desire faded.  This summer, after several years, I had the privilege of reading a book that brought my love back once again for this classification of books.   Another Shady Mission, written by Cheraee C, is totally responsible for this literary homecoming party.

The plot between husband and wife Passive and Smoke is action packed. From the betrayal of family members, friends, and loved ones all in the name of the mighty dollar, this book will definitely keep you turning the pages until the very end. From wretched ex-lovers on a revenge mission; to sneaky siblings conducting backstabbing tactics to destroy their very own flesh and blood, this book is so good and grimy! If you are a fan of “Hood Literature”, it’s a must you pick this one up.  Thank you Author Cheraee C. for bringing me back to the other side of reading.

 

1 comment:

  1. Great writer and very vivid with her words. I love her books and will be waiting for the next one.

    ReplyDelete