Sunday, December 28, 2014

My Last Food Review of the Year...Hands Down...Detroit Wright & Company Receives my 2014 Best New Restaurant Nomination

As the year of 2014 comes to a rapid close, I felt obligated to provide one more food review before the New Year.  Unlike the others, this one is somewhat unique.  In the heart of Downtown Detroit pass the YMCA on Broadway; to the direct right of it, you’ll see an alley with graffiti on the walls. Zipping down this narrow road in a hurriedly fashion, you’ll miss this chic and newly opened fine dining establishment slightly passed the airbrushed blocks.  Dare to look up and you’ll witness chefs in the window preparing the finest of works of arts. The establishment I’m referring to is none other than the Wright and Company located at 1500 Woodward.

Taking the elevator up to this eatery, my mouth dropped wide open to the extravagance of it all.  The décor of this place; short of nothing but superb.  Ending up here on a limb, I saw a photograph of their potato chips. Deciding they were a “must have” bathed in melted cheese, scallions, and tomatoes infused with homemade oil, this “spud dish” for a limited time satisfied my palate long enough for my next anticipated arrival.

As the server placed my main dish on the table, I stated to myself “yes!” due to the presentation of their “TunaTarte.” Crafted from a combination of Spicy Mayonnaise, Crispy Wontons, and Sweet Soy, ladies and gentlemen, this was no ordinary piece of fish.  Gone within ten minutes flat, I was most satisfied with this sultry selection.  I’m giving Detroit’s Wright & Company a four out of four stars and the 2014 nomination title of Detroit’s Best new restaurant.
It’s been a great year serving as one of Detroit’s “go-to” persons for dinning and food reviews.  I look forward to bringing you even more exciting critiques the year of 2015.   






Wright & Company on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment