Tuesday, December 23, 2014

My International Food Review on Keg Steakhouse & Bar Located in Windsor


This year for my birthday, I really wanted a dinner party.  Not just any dinner party, an international food party with some of my closest friends to celebrate with. Residing in Michigan and knowing that my birthday fell on a working weekday this year, I decided on the closes country to Detroit.  Yes everyone, I selected Windsor.

Conducting some serious research on restaurants that served and had an excellent reputation for steak, I choose Keg Steakhouse. Located approximately just five minutes away from Ouellette Street after passing through the Detroit/Canada tunnel, this place is very easy to find.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by the server.   Mesmerized by the luxurious fire place located in the direct front, the hostess took us to our seats.    People I can’t even begin to tell you about the awesome selection of appetizers they had to choose from.  All I remember is that we ordered at least four of them from the menu and they were all indeed favorable.

Out of everything I ate this night, nothing could compare to the steak I ordered.  If I hadn’t known better, I’d suspect that this Filet Mignon was injected with butter prior to preparation.  This medium well cooked beef was dynamic in every way.  Tender, succulent, and savory, are just a few words that I can use to describe it.  My potato was absolutely yummy and the butter that accompanied it was most tasty. 

Hands down people, Kegs in my opinion makes the best steak period.  Do yourselves a favor everyone.  Get a passport, or enhanced licensed and give Kegs a try.  I guarantee you’ll make another visit after the first.







The Keg Steakhouse + Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment