Sunday, February 9, 2014

My Culinary Critique on Detroit's Vegan Soul



Okay, everyone who knows me is aware of the fact that I am a carnivore.  This does not mean that Detroit’s Culinary Critique Diva is not willing to branch out.   This weekend, I did just that and ended up in the restaurant that everyone within the south east region of Michigan is taking about.   The eatery I’m referring to is none other than Vegan Soul located on Agnes Street in Detroit.

There’s nothing like assertive timely customer service.  By the time I could reach the door, a server had eagerly greeted me.  Napkins and ice water were placed upon my table without a request. Atmospheric wise, the environment is serene.   The waiter and I laughed at the fact that I had difficulties opening the menu which contained various delectable items to choose from.  In the mood for some down home cooking, I ordered, “The Soul Platter.”  Leary of not being satisfied by a meal not containing meat, oh how was I wrong.

People the corn bread was mouthwatering. The GREENS were some of the best I’ve had period.  Yes, they were seasoned to perfection without any meat.  My macaroni was gone within five minutes.  I couldn’t believe that with just  a plate of vegetable’s and starches that I, one of the greediest people I know was full and needed to take a dogie bag home.   Whether you eat meat or not everyone, you’ve got to try Vegan Soul and select a desert choice while you’re at it.   





3 comments:

  1. Do you think even the fried chicken wing queen could even enjoy a meal here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. T Elice...yes there is even something for "The B-Side DJ" of Detroit lady.

    ReplyDelete