Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Organizing From the Inside out by Julie Morgenstern

Due to the fact that I was never trained on how to sort my belongings, I simply throughout the years implemented a system to my best ability that semi works. Julie Morgenstern in her audio book stated the following which hit directly home with me, "You can not tell if an individual is organized from the appearance of a room. The only way to ever know is to either observe a person's closet or their drawer spaces." Wild...was she ever right. Reading this book made me realize that I am individual whose mastered the concept of "yoyo" organizing. Outer appearance wise,I can make everything look presentable and neat. My problem lies with trying to find or locate a earing or pair of pants for thirty minutes. The suggestions provided on initiating the organization process are simple and easy to implement. I really liked the fact that Morgenstern breaks down reasons as to why we as humans have a problem with ridding ourselves of unnecessary items that create clutter in all of our lives. Reading this book made me realize that organizing takes real time and a true commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment