Monday, April 18, 2011

Girl Let Me Tell You By Lauren Lake

Prior to reading this book, I thought to myself,is it going to be another one of those guides that would suggest you transform yourself as a single woman in order to get a great guy in your life. Girl Let Me Tell You, is not one of those books. In-fact, this easy read makes so much sense. Single women nationwide are feeling that they have to compete with one another, dummy down, and over compromise due to quote on quote statistical shortage of "good men." Being a relationship expert, Lauren came just in time with this one! Writing this book prior to her getting married, she shares here experiences as single woman and letters from unmarried women all over the country who simply wanted advise on what choices to make in regards to the men in their lives. The questions from the women and the responses provided by Lauren were so factual and real that even the most powerful and successful single woman in today's time could find herself identifying with the scenarios presented within this book. The situations really hit home with me. It was almost as if Ms. Lake and all of the unmarried women whose questions were addressed within her book were in my apartment sitting down, and conversing on what decisions to make. My favorite section in the book is, A Watched Pot Never Boils. Ms. Lake states the following: Too many women are waiting around for a man to come into their lives and complete them. They aren't living up to their fullest potential because they're too worried they'll miss something... or someone for that matter.""" There are so many things in life to focus on in life like family, friendships, spirituality, service, purpose, and passion. I want to personally thank Lauren for writing this book. It reassured me that there is nothing wrong with me at all. I just need to keep my eyes on the prize and never allow myself to never sit still enough to watch a pot boil.

No comments:

Post a Comment