Friday, April 1, 2011

Thank God For The Homeless Shelter By Versandra Kennebrew

Self help books come and go. In my opinion some leave you thinking differently and others don't. I have read everything from Rich Dad Poor Dad,to The Secret. Both of these books encouraged me to grow.

I would've never thought that a memoir pertaining to woman overcoming homelessness could make me see my dreams in such a full light.
Reading this book made me feel like I could achieve anything in life I've ever wanted and dreamed of.

Author Versandra Kennebrew takes us on Journey into her world revealing the occurrences that took place in her life while residing in a shelter. Through her faith in God, she conquered the situation which prevented her from becoming a victim of circumstance. A situation like this could easily justify a nervous breakdown. Despite of mental illness running in Kennebrew's family, she did not falter. She took the opportunity with patience,time,and a plan to grow and to become the person she'd always dreamed and envisioned.

I not only recommend this book to individuals experiencing homelessness at the present time, I also encourage people who have not been homeless to read this book as well. Allow Thank God for the Homeless Shelter to assist you at times when you are feeling low or experiencing sporadic moments of self pity. Use the creative exercises and affirmations to take a self analysis of yourself. Utilize this book as I did to grow. More importantly implement this book to help you see how anyone can transform their life into something great. Well done Kennebrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment