Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Who I Am Not What I Am! By Tara Michener

When reading this book, it simply brought tears to my eyes thinking about the challenges bi-racial children face. Author Tara Michener does a great job through the eyes of the main character Janelle at allowing us to not only see the questions bi-racial children are asked by other children at school but also how children such as Janelle in the real world may not know exactly how to answer or provide the correct response in regards to their ethnic background. Who I am not what am I is a great book for all bi-racial children to have because it promotes, serves, and speaks to and for this group of children appropriately. This book may also be used to help and encourage bi-racial children to embrace their culture and celebrate it as well. This book sends a positive message and should serve as a recommended read at all children oriented bi-racial workshops nation wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment