Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Pocket Book Monologues

As I read this book I thought to myself, it addressed so many real life issues that African American women have dealt with for a long time. From skin complexions to child molestation, this book touches it all in regards to Black Women. Reading this book made me realize another unfortunate fact that has hit the gender of African American females like a thunder volt. That unfortunate fact just so happens to be HIV.


Although this virus does not discriminate when it comes to race, gender, or ethical background, the numbers of black women affected with this virus are at a very high rate. If I did not get anything else from this book, I definitely got the following:


*Sisters protect yourself at all cost.
*Remember the old saying "No Glove No Love."
*HIV does not discriminate because you are and attractive or educated woman.

I recommend this book for any woman contemplating on sharing their bodies without the usage of protection and if you are, pick up a copy of The Pocket Book Monologues and carry it with you just in case you think about slipping up. Thank you Ms McGhee for your literary contribution and your wake up call to black women everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment