Sunday, March 20, 2011

I really miss my dad by Demetris Martin

Being a educator for over 15 years, I know the signs of a child experiencing grief. For a teacher, one of the saddest things in the world is to see one of your students shut down completely due to loosing a love one. There are many things that can be done to assist a youngster with the healing process in regards to dealing with death. This book, I Really Miss My Dad, is one of those tools that can help with the process.

The author of this book,Demetrius A Martin,recently lost his father to a tragic death. Instead of giving up hope, he not only wrote this book to address his feelings and emotions, he wrote it for other children so that they would have a guide to assist them with as well. My favorite suggestion for dealing with the death of a love one is located on page 15 and it states the following, "Don't allow the memories to make you fail in school." This book is filled with many other great suggestions.

I am recommending that counseling departments nationally utilize this book, I Really Miss My Dad, as one of their supplemental therapeutic components to assist children everywhere on how to correctly deal with death. A job well done Demetrius Martin.

Adra Young
Author of: The Everyday Living of Children & Teens Monologues Series
www.ardannyl.me


The Misfits coming in the Fall of 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment