Sunday, February 22, 2015

Maccabees in Midtown Detroit

The venue food choices in Midtown Detroit are definitely taking a turn for the better.  Great places to dine are indeed showing up and showing out.  One new place in particular is Maccabees located on Woodward.

Located within the proximity and heart of Wayne State University; I upon entry was immediately astonished by the beauty of this place. Greeted with the smile by the host, it was stated to me after inquiring that this establishment had opened it's doors January of 2013.  

Accompanied to my seat, I immediately began to skim the menu. Maccabees flair of featured selections of authentic creations made it very hard for me to decide upon. Items such as their "Baileys French Toast" and the "Salmon Wrap" indeed were tempting. Placing my menu down on the table indicating to the waiter that I was ready, I took a sip of my water and provided my order.

My curiosity for their "Maccabee Turkey" had indeed gotten the best of me. Made with smoked turkey, melted provolone, roasted peppers, and garlic aioli, ladies and gentlemen, this is not your typical turkey sandwich. In place of bread, the turkey and cheese combination is placed in between two flavorful potato pancakes.

Taking my first bite, I was immediately sold. The creative concept of  smoked turkey enclosed between two potato pancakes makes for one pure state of culinary arts at it's best. Served with a fresh mixed greens salad topped off with a homemade balsamic dressing, this meal had indeed won me over. I am indeed pleased with the atmosphere, hospitality, and dinning experience I had a Maccabee's. I'm pretty sure anyone who makes a reservation or just drops through on the humble to eat will leave feeling the exact same way.    





No comments:

Post a Comment