Sunday, November 23, 2014

Here's my Food Review on Mert's Heart and Soul in Charlotte North Carolina


Just last week I ventured off to Charlotte North Carolina.  The City is beautiful and filled with amazing things to see and do.  Of course everyone knows what I set my heart out to do.  Eat! On several occasions, I’d heard the Reverend Al Sharpton talk about this soul food restaurant named Mert’ s Heart and Soul.  Continuously bragging about their famous cornbread, that supposedly taste like cake, I had to see for myself if this restaurant knew what they were doing.

As it turns out, the Reverend was indeed correct. The cornbread was out of this world.  Other items were just as scrumptious however, what stuck out in my mind even after a week, were their egg rolls.  People, I’m not talking about just any egg roll here.  I’m taking about “Soul Rolls.” Thinking outside of the box that made for one amazing appetizer, the inside of these babies consist of black eyed peas, rice, collard greens, and diced chicken breast.  Served with a spicy honey mustard sauce, as I took my first bite, I thought to myself how awesome the combination was.

Michiganders, if you ever make your way towards Charlotte, stop by Mert’s Heart and Soul. Before you order an entrée, it’s a must you order their “Soul Rolls.”  Like the Maxwell House coffee commercial, they are definitely good to the last drop.      






No comments:

Post a Comment