Sunday, January 5, 2014

Self Confidence Without All the BS by Bede Draper




I’ve read many books on improving self worth.  This by far is one of the deepest.  Draper takes on the challenge of presenting human reactions and responses. For years I’ve thought I understood the total concept of “High Self Esteem”.  I’ve come to find that after completing this book that I’ve been mislead for quiet sometime.  To be exact, I’ve been living in “Societal Box” most of my life. 

Enlightened by the continuous “Aha” moments, many self realizations were made. My preconceived notion of what defines “Great Confidence” was based upon personal gains in life I’d accomplished.   In other words, I evaluated my self esteem on personal life goals I’d set for myself.   Thanks to Bede, I know now that conquering everything in your life has absolutely nothing to do with good or bad confidence at all.  Reading this book was like taking an advanced psychology class.  I wish they had books out like this when I attended college.

No comments:

Post a Comment