Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The 24Grille Located on Michigan Avenue in Detroit

Last Thursday’s weather here in Michigan was so cold that just about every school district was closed for the day.  Having an off day from the class room meant two things for me. One; I could make an early hair appointment and of course, case out my next restaurant within the south-east region on my usual mission to find some great eats.

Driving downtown, I ended up at the 24grille located on Michigan Avenue.  Upon entry, I was greeted by a young man and woman who displayed some of the most cheerful and welcoming expressions one would ever meet.   Enclosed inside of the WestinBook-Cadillac Hotel, the ambiance is purely sensual and the windows provide for a most decorative view for its incoming customers.

Highly satisfied with the selections from their menu, I decided on several appetizers such as their Salmon Tacos, and Lolli Pop Lamb Chops.  Both were edible however, what comes to my mind is their Risotto Croquette.  A deep fried potato served with spinach and asparagus topped with a creamy melted cheese sauce, it indeed is the appetizer to die for.

Due to having a little more room in my belly to eat just a little more, my final selection for this evening was their Corn Beef Reuben Sandwich served on multicolored rye. Big enough in my opinion to keep you good and full all day, the rye bread was crisp and the corn beef was good enough to take off the sandwich and eat it plain. The spin off for red cabbage instead of green made for one decorative creation. My experience at the 24grille in Detroit was most pleasurable.  For those who haven’t paid this fine dining restaurant a visit, be sure to make a reservation soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment