Thursday, June 16, 2011

Purposefully Prepared To Persevere By Eddie Connor

Reading this book, I had no idea how anxious I would become just to get it completed. As humans we will endure trials and unpleasant circumstances in our lives that will persuade us to give up. A typical person without faith would've done just that. The author of this book is not your typical everyday person. Not only did this young man have the strength and ability to fight his way through cancer, he had the strength and the mindset to claim himself as a healed person prior to getting the results from his physician that the cancer was gone away.

Through his faith in God and his positive mindset, he has utilized his past illness to help others see that with the Creator in your life all things are possible. One of my favorite affirmations from the book comes from chapter three. Conner states the following, "I know we feel like giving up at times, but we can't allow any devil or individual to manipulate or destroy the gifts that God has placed inside of us.

What I love the most about this book is that the author challenges the reader to remain positive, stand up for what is right, and to stretch yourself to your fullest potential so that you can utilize your God given talents to your maximum capacity. Excellent job Connor on your first book. I know I will pull it out from time to time when I find myself getting off of track.

No comments:

Post a Comment