Sunday, March 9, 2014

Here's my Culinary Critique on Midtown Detroit's La Feria

The atmosphere puts me in the mind of a local small town eatery in California.   Upon entering, one’s senses of smell are instantly enticed.   The place I’m referring to is La Feria located in Midtown Detroit.  A small place yet very decorative, I along with a friend of mines decided to eat at the bar.

With a reputation for serving authentic Spanish dishes, the selections decided upon to indulge on this Saturday were; Berenjenas  Fritas- Fried Eggplant with honey, Patatas Bravas – Fried potato & Spicy Salsa, Grilled Portabella, Pincho Moruno-Moorish style grilled chicken, and the Pisto Manchego W/Egg –assorted spicy vegetables with egg.

To be honest, I was surprised at what I actually enjoyed the most.  The Berenjenas and the Patatas were average.  The Moruno-Moorish chicken was fairly decent however; the Grilled Portabella and the Pisto Manchego vegetables were absolutely delicious.  It was as if the head chef had picked the vegetables straight from their own garden and brought them to the restaurant to prepare and cook.  The customer service was terrific.  By the way, I got a chance to meet the owner and the head chef on my actual initial visit.  I'll be headed back real soon to La Feria for some more of that Pisto Manchego W/Egg.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment